Monday, February 26, 2007

Are There Any Korean Av?

Metronome jazz chords (I)

In today's example, I work I usually play a song ("Hello Dolly"), the repertoire of Louis Armstrong.
The introduction is composed of the following chords: D7 / 9 and G7 for three measures, then proceed with Cmaj7, Ebdim, G7 and Cmaj7 resolved. The pace that makes the guitar between chords and notes mimics You can hear the banjo in the original. The chords Cmaj7, Ebdim, G7 and Cmaj7 describe a descending chromatic chord-melody (sol-fa #-fa-mi). The Ebdim D7 is a replacement chosen by having a sound that matched the style of traditional jazz (the replacement is widely used by diminished dominant chord).
The following are the opening bars of the vocal part. Both chords (Am7 Cmaj7 and) have the same rhythmic motif, mimicking the walking bass that would make a piano, ending with two octaves that resolve to the tonic chord from a half step down (si-do for the first G #-la for the second). Use a single scale (blues minor scale of A) it is: A, C, D, Eb, mi, sol. As the scale of C major that I apply in Cmaj7 is on the lower level to use on Am7, it is okay to use the same scale for both chords. About
Cmaj7 is: do-re-mib-mi-sol-la-si-do
About Am7 remains: the-si-do-re-mib-mi-sol-la
# In the latter added the if as a passing note of the scale, to have more cohesion with the bass line before (start the two with tonic-ninth).
I send the video (casero. ..) where they will listen to all the topic, including this part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment